Save the Date!
This fall, The Center Dance will partner with the Moscow Ballet as part of their national tour of The Great Russian Nutcracker.
YOU, too, can be a part of Moscow Ballet’s Dance-with-Us Program! Auditions for The Great Russian Nutcracker will be held at The Center Dance Studio on Wednesday, September 26th. Pre-register at: http://www.nutcracker.com/youth-auditions.
On the day of the audition:
- Dancers should plan to arrive by 4PM to sign-in. The audition itself will begin by 4:30 PM, and run for approximately 2 hours. Dancers should plan to remain at The Center Dance Studio for the duration of the audition.
- There is no fee to audition, but if cast, dancers must pay a $50 casting fee by the date of their first rehearsal (Thursday, September 27th or Friday, September 28th). There will be “Casting Fee” payment option available on The Center’s Square Store; checks can be made payable to The Center Dance Studio.
- ALL dancers who are cast in the production MUST register online at http://www.nutcracker.com/youth-auditions/signup-form by the date of their first rehearsal (9/27 or 9/28).
- An informational meeting for parents/guardians of dancers cast in the production will be held immediately after the audition. The meeting will begin around 6 or 6:30 PM, depending on when auditions finish up. PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND!
- Some dancers may be asked to remain at the studio to begin rehearsals directly following the informational parent/guardian meeting.
- Dancers cast in the show MUST be available for rehearsals on Thursday, September 27th and Friday, September 28th, beginning at 4PM. Specific times will depend on the role(s) into which your dancer is cast, and will be announced at the parent/guardian meeting. Some dancers will rehearse on Thursday, some on Friday; a certain number may even rehearse on BOTH days. These first rehearsals are VERY important, and failure to attend may result in The Moscow Ballet’s decision to remove a dancer from their role.
- The afternoon/evening of the audition will probably feel like a long one! Please pack snacks/dinner and water for your child.
- Most dancers will rehearse on Sunday afternoons, beginning October 14th. Rehearsals will take place between the hours of 1-6 PM; within this period of time, each role will rehearse for a maximum of 1 hour. Some advanced dancers will rehearse on Monday evenings from 7:15-8:15 PM beginning October 15th.
- Dates of Sunday rehearsals are as follows:
- October 14th, 21st, 28th
- November 4th, 11th, 18th
- December 2nd, 9th, 16th
- October 14th, 21st, 28th
- A MANDATORY Dress Rehearsal will be held on the afternoon of Tuesday, 12/18 (the date of the performance). Dancers are expected at the theater 6 hours before the first curtain call (6:30 PM), so they WILL need to miss a half-day of school that day.
Additional informational documents for parents and children can be found at http:www.nutcracker.com/youth/faq-for-students. This info includes the Complete Rehearsal Policy, Costume Breakdown, Costume Process and Day of Performance Run Down. Hard copies will also be provided to those cast in a role on the day of the audition.