Class Attire – To maximize freedom of movement and to enable students and instructors to assess alignment, body position, etc, we request that students wear the following:
- Leotards or FITTED t-shirts
- Story Ballet: any color
- Pre-Ballet: purple
- Beginning Tech. I: green
- Beginning Tech. II: blue
- Intermediate and Advanced/Theme & Variation: black
- Choreography Labs: any color
- Black or pink tights or leggings (no baggy shorts/pants, please)
- Pre-ballet: ballet slippers (any color)
- Beginning Tech I & II, Intermediate and Advanced: ballet slippers AND bare feet; instructors will indicate at start of each class whether to wear ballet slippers
- Hip Hop: sneakers (to help protect our dance floor, we ask that dancers bring a pair not frequently worn outside).
- HAIR SHOULD BE PULLED BACK FROM FACE AND NECK.
Dance Supply Stores
Mary Ann’s Dance & More
56 Cottage St (Rte 141)
Discount Dance Supply
Weather Closings – The Center will follow the Amherst Regional Public Schools’ system regarding inclement weather. If school is closed or dismissed early, classes will be postponed and rescheduled for the end of the session. We will do our best to provide an online update during storms, but always feel free to call and inquire.
Observation Policy – We will have an informal sharing at the end of the semester, and hope to create additional performance opportunities for our students throughout the year. Please speak with us directly if you’d like to observe before then.