Find your power through gentle, mindful movement.
A FREE TRIAL CLASS will be held Friday, February 9th. 10-11AM.
Balance and Ease on the Floor with Kate Martel
Experience movement with ease while applying the principles of the Alexander Technique. This extended session on the floor invites students to practice gentle movement through the lens of the AT, focusing on breath, dynamic balance and optimal coordination through the whole mind body. Movement structures and patterns are drawn from such practices as Bartenieff Fundamentals, Yoga, and various Dance Techniques.
Alexander Technique can be beneficial if you are:
- Seeking more ease and less stress in everyday movement
- Experiencing chronic pain or discomfort such as headaches, backaches, tendonitis, strained muscles, joint deterioration, difficulty breathing
- Recovering from an injury or trauma
- Interested in gaining more energy and stamina in everyday functioning
- A performing artist or athlete and wish to refine technique and recover faster
- Seeking a greater sense of yourself in relationship to your environment overall
- Desiring more confidence in public speaking or teaching
WHEN: Fridays, 10:00-11:00am. First 4-week session starts 3/2.
WHERE: The Center Dance, 321 Main St. Amherst, MA 01002
FEE: $50 (4 week session) or $15/drop-in.
WHO: Performers, Sitters, Walkers, Teachers, Caregivers, Workers, or any Body who wants to move with awareness. All are welcome.
CONTACT: Kate Martel, firstname.lastname@example.org